Tanks require both interior and exterior protection to guarantee a long lifespan without product contamination, tank degradation, or structural damage. Learn more about the features, benefits, and installation process of high-quality tank lining solutions from Mass Tank.
Tank Lining Key Features
Epoxy tank liners cover tank interiors to protect them from the corrosive effects of the tank’s contents, whether it’s water, fuel, industrial chemicals, or specialty materials. Epoxy coatings can even protect the exterior of steel tanks from corrosion due to weather exposure, which would otherwise shorten the tanks’ useful lifespan.
At Mass Tank, we offer tank-lining solutions for all types of tanks. Our water tank lining options include a two-part epoxy liner sprayed in the tank’s interior. We offer different compounds to comply with specifications based on the water’s application. For example, drinking water tanks are lined with a zero-VOC, NSF-61-approved lining that mitigates the risk of drinking water contamination.
Our team can also repair, rehabilitate, and line older water tanks to make them fit for use, including tanks over 100 years old. This refurbishment process involves us entering the tank, cleaning it, inspecting it, and making repairs or modifications as needed. Following inspection and certification for service, we install an epoxy liner inside the tank. This interior lining restores the tank to like-new condition, extending its service life.
Tank Lining Process
At Mass Tank, we help customers select and install the correct tank lining solution for their applications. Here are the steps we follow to ensure a smooth, effective tank lining process:
- Customers provide us with information regarding the tank, including the substances or chemicals the tank will house. Lining material selection depends on the tank’s contents. For exterior linings, we also assess the environmental conditions to choose the ideal coating.
- We will assess the tank’s design and condition to verify that it has the right systems for long-term use (including ports, heating coils, stiffeners, and more).
- Our team will select the right interior lining composition to fit the contents and operating conditions of the tank.
- To prepare the tank’s surface, Mass Tank. will clean the exterior and/or interior surfaces to facilitate good adhesion of the lining.
- We will apply the lining material to all the applicable surfaces. Once the lining is applied, it will cure at low temperatures.
- Every tank lining will be assessed for gaps, flaws, or other defects, which we repair.
Before our team leaves the project site, we will provide comprehensive documentation regarding the lining, the installation process, and the compliance standards of the coating.
Tank Lining Benefits
Adding a tank lining to the interior and/or exterior of your chemical or water storage tanks offers several benefits:
- Durability: Lined tanks become more durable and have a longer service life. They can also be re-lined to extend the service life.
- Customization: Epoxy liners can be formulated to meet the needs of your tanks, and the application method ensures the lining evenly and precisely fits.
- Ease of Installation: Epoxy linings and polyurethane coatings can be painted across the surface of the tank, where they cure at low temperatures without additional equipment or processes.
- Cost Savings: Tank lining protects tanks from corrosion over time, reducing costly tank replacements.
- Corrosion Resistance: Tank linings protect tanks from damage and corrosion. They also prevent product contamination due to tank corrosion.
- Compliance: Tanks containing drinking water must be lined with protective coatings to maintain regulatory compliance (AWWA, NSF-61, zero-VOC).
- Environmental Protection: Since tank liners protect tanks from corrosion, damage, and breakdown, the linings also help minimize the risk of leaks or spills that could negatively affect the surrounding environment.
Tank Lining Services From Mass Tank.
Mass Tank. works with businesses across every industry to line and protect their storage tanks. Tank liners are much more affordable than complete tank replacement, providing a quick return on investment by protecting your equipment and products from corrosion. Regardless of the product stored, we can work together to find a tank liner that works for you.